How to Ease Neck Pain with The Help of a Chiropractor in San Diego
Millions of Americans suffer from neck pain for a variety of reasons, and one of the many causes that impede everyday tasks. In this article, learn more about the causes of neck pain as well as how to treat this affliction with the assistance of an experienced chiropractor at Chiropractic @ Happy Head in San Diego.
Causes of Neck Pain
The neck is intended to support the head's weight and protect the nerves that are responsible for transferring information from the brain to the rest of the body. The flexibility of the neck makes it possible for the head to flex and turn in all directions. Some of the most common causes of neck pain include:
- Poor Posture: Standing or sitting with poor posture can cause your neck muscles to become strained. Some people who have office jobs end up developing chronic neck pain after many years of leaning over their computers.
- Disease: Some diseases like cancer, meningitis, and rheumatoid arthritis can cause neck pain.
- Injuries: If you are involved in a rear-end auto collision, you may end up suffering a whiplash injury. The head being jerked backward and then forward during an accident is what causes this injury. Whiplash injury is a result of the straining of the neck's soft tissues.
- Worn joints: Over time, the neck joints begin to wear down. Osteoarthritis causes the deterioration of the cartilage in the vertebrae. The deterioration of the cartilage leads to the development of bone spurs, which cause pain and hinder joint motion.
- Nerve compression: Bone spurs or herniated discs in the vertebrae of the neck can cause pain by pressing on the nerves branching from the spinal cord.
Neck Pain Treatment
Our chiropractor uses his hands to treat joint, muscle, and nerve pain by adjusting the joints and the spine. He performs these adjustments by applying a sudden, controlled force to the joints. The adjustments move the joint past the range in which it usually moves to free up restriction in the neck, alleviate pain, and allow you to heal properly.
Book an Appointment to Start Alleviating Your Neck Pain
For more information about neck pain and how chiropractic care can ease it, don't hesitate to contact us here at Chiropractic @ Happy Head based in San Diego. We proudly serve the Mission Beach, Point Loma, Midway District, and Pacific Beach communities in San Diego, CA. You can also reach out to us to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor for neck pain treatment by giving us a call at 619-630-9153.